3 Non-toxic Solutions For Removing Mold

3 Non-toxic Solutions For Removing Mold

Emergency Services

An icky, hazy and black material you may see around your premises is undoubtedly a mold growth! It is a very visible but often ignored problem that might present itself in your house and you may not even know about it. It may appear when it has grown on different areas or has covered a large area within your house. Humid places are most favorable spots for mold to grow. So, basically, basement, kitchen and bathroom are a few of the places that have moisture in abundance. Hence, these places might act as a trigger of mold production. When conditions are favorable, mold grows considerably within 24 to 48 hours. Proper care may be needed to handle the situation in order to avoid health issues and other property damage concerns. If you’re thinking of getting rid of mold, get in touch with SERVPRO of Taunton/Mansfield to get mold restoration, Taunton, MA. Their expertise will get your house mold-free through experienced mold restoration technicians. Here are a three of the common non-toxic solutions (all natural and unharmful) which you may use to prevent mold:

Vinegar It is commonly found and available in every house and can be a very useful tool for prevention. It is acidic in nature and can kill over 80% of the mold species. The best way to use it is to fill it in a spraying bottle without adding water in it. Spray it onto the affected area and leave it for an hour. After the mentioned time, wipe the area clean and let it dry. The smell will be gone within a few hours but if it remains, then apply lemon water on the cleaned area. Baking Soda It is also a common household mixture which is a white mineral powder that has been found to be effective in killing mold. It has two benefits; not only kill it but also absorbs the moisture. To use it, put it in a spray bottle which has water. Mix it well. Spray onto the area, then use scrub brush or sponge to remove it from the surface. Rinse the surface again to remove any residual mold. Spray again and leave it to dry as this will kill any leftover mold and prevent further growth.

Hydrogen Peroxide It is also very beneficial in removing mold. It has an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial nature which assists in killing mold on kitchen appliances, bathroom fixtures, floors and walls; all are places viciously attacked. To utilize it in the best way, add 3% concentration hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle. Apply it on the surface and leave it for 10 minutes. Use a scrub for a complete removal. In the end, wipe surface to remove residual and spores. It should be used carefully as it also acts as a bleach. Therefore, use it carefully on delicate surfaces and ensure that you’re wearing gloves before administration. All the solutions mentioned are better and safer than chemical alternatives which are used for the same purpose. It can’t be ignored as it deteriorates the aesthetic appeal of your property. If you are looking to get mold removal in your commercial property in Mansfield or Taunton, MA, you can contact SERVPRO to get commercial mold restoration Mansfield, MA.

Leave a Reply